Game Curfew Policy
As an association we are responsible for our blocks of ice time. Each Regional, House League and Provincial A level team are given 50 minutes of ice time (10 minutes of the hour for ice cleaning). Provincial AA teams are given 1 hour and 20 minutes of ice time (10 minutes of the hour for ice cleaning). At the end of the allocated ice time the arena staff at Whitby Arenas will curfew each game with a buzzer. At this time the game must be stopped and the game will end with the score at the time of the buzzer.
- The game times should be clearly indicated on the game sheet and it is the responsibility of the WRA Timekeeper and/or Referee to curfew the game at the appropriate time.
- Minor Officials will post a three-minute warm up that will commence when the referees step on the ice. The game will begin at the end of the three-minute warm up.
- Home team coaches are responsible for making visiting teams aware of the Whitby Game Curfew Policy.
- Any parents, players, or coaches who do not follow this policy or who verbally harass, yell, or argue with the arena staff in any way will be required to leave the arena. If the problem occurs again, the individual will not be welcome in the arena for the remainder of the season.
- Teams may request to forego the flood prior to a game start, however, the Facility Attendant will have the last say. They may deem that for safety reasons, the ice requires a flood. Also, Facility Attendants are advised that when transitioning between user groups (i.e. Ringette is starting their ice rental immediately following a WMHA rental) that a flood be performed at the start of each user groups rental block.